So, your book is written?
Now what?—that's the scariest question.
At Cincinnati Book Publishing, we take away that fear. What we offer is not merely a pre-determined package of services, but a number of options that YOU pick and choose from. The package you get is designed for you because YOU assembled it. Here is a brief overview of the services that we provide:
One of the best ways to increase the selling power of your book is to make sure it is well written. Get the most out of your writing efforts by utilizing one or more of our editorial services. Nothing is more embarrassing than poor grammar, and typos in your finished work. Benefits of using our editing service include:
- Editors catch costly and embarrassing errors before your book is printed.
- You have creative control over any changes that are recommended; you may accept or reject any changes that we suggest.
- Your book stays in the hands of the publisher you trust.
At CBP we specialize in two types of editing services. 1) Critique or developmental editing and 2) Copyediting. You may elect to do one, the other, or both. The developmental edit is a more in-depth edit than simply improving grammar and fixing typos. The process includes a first read-through of the material and a typed 1-3 page critique that comments on theme, storyline, flow, dialogue, language, style, etc. The second editing service looks at the grammar and consistency of the document. This service is intended to prepare the manuscript for submission to the designer that will convert it into a book format.
Have all the type but no flash? Have an idea for the cover, but lack the knowledge or skills to produce it? Do not worry; we have you covered. As a Cincinnati, Ohio firm, we partner with the best local graphic artists and designers. Working with local talent allows you to be involved in many interesting aspects of the production process, such as personally meeting with the design artist to discuss your exact vision of the cover and book layout.
These are some options to review when considering our design services:
- Interior design: We'll convert your Word manuscript into the proper book format. If you want each chapter to begin a certain way, we can do that. Also, if you wish to have a color-insert for photos, we can do that too.
- Cover design: We'll match it as best we can to the image in your head.
- Stock Images: If you want simple artwork in your book, we can assist you in finding the perfect stock image along with purchasing the rights.
- Illustration: In case you have all the words, but none of the flash or accompanying images, we have a number of photographers, graphic artists and illustrators to help. This service is especially useful when writing children's books.
We contact the printers for you. For economic, environmental, and moral reasons, we try to only use local and national printers, rather than outsourcing our printing services. There are a number of options to consider when planning to print your book, such as:
- Softcover: A cheaper, sleeker option that is offered in larger sizes than hardbound.
- Hardcover: The book itself is bound in cardboard and cloth. Oftentimes there is an option for a dust jacket that preserves the book itself, and offers the opportunity for an author bio and more detailed book description on the inside flaps.
- Book size and type of binding: Do you want the book to be pocket sized, or a coffee-table book size? Do you want a custom leather binding, embossing, or gold stamping? There is a lot to consider.
- Inventory control: Will you be able to store all of the books yourself? Contact us and we can discuss options.
The book market is always changing. Ebooks are becoming more popular, and the demand for them is higher than in previous years. Print is not dead, but it is a good idea to publish in print as well as in electronic form.
At CBP we have contacts that can convert your manuscript into Ebook format if you so desire.
An EBook is a completely electronic version of a book that can be downloaded to popular devices such as Amazon Kindle, Apple iPad/iPhone, Barnes & Noble NOOK, and other electronic tablets and apps.
You’ve written your book, but how are readers going to know about it? Our services do not end with the book being printed; CBP continues to work with you to promote your book and get it seen. Our publicity services are as follows:
- CBP working on your behalf as a publicist for one to six months.
- Professionally written press releases for both print and electronic media. CBP will distribute these press releases to targeted magazines newspapers, websites, radio and tv programs.
- CBP will contact radio, and news media in your area about the release of your book, and assist you in planning a book launch event and/or book signing events.
- A copy of any radio, print, or video interview that might occur, and advice on how to post on your blog, web site, or promotional emails.
We provide direct marketing services that have been created to effectively promote your book. CBP has established these great options for you to choose from when deciding on the best promotional package for you and your book:
- Social media pages offer a centralized location for event listings and news, and are a good way to get noticed by passerbys who are browsing certain or similar subjects.
- We can create Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, etc. pages (based on author's preference) specifically for the book.
- We can invite our friends and yours to reach as many people as possible.
- We can update your social media pages regularly with event news, and publicity statuses.
- We can design and create business cards, postcards, and bookmarks for distribution.
- We can set up book signings at different venues and book stores.
or call Sue Ann Painter at 513.304.3633.